This is a great tool for coaching basketball.
As a coach I often found it difficult to deal with all of the variables that could occur in a game. I needed a template that would help me think though my pre-game decisions for the starting line-up, substitutions before the game, but also let me have a cheat sheet of notes on game strategy. I also needed contingency plans for injuries and when players foul out etc... and have them available on one sheet during a game.
This form really helped me a lot!
Here is what it offers:
* Roster: all of your players separated into starters and bench players.
* Starting line-up: your starters highlighted on the top left
* Team positions: Each player's position and/or second position next to the player
* Substitutions: Each bench player is placed next to a starter as a sub by priority
* Half court diagram with position placards for player numbers
* Team meeting: jot down important highlights to share with the team pre-game
* Plays: write down the name of the plays you will be running for the game
* Contingencies for injuries: Whenever there are injuries have a ready made roster
* Offensive: specific things to watch for and repeat to your players in the huddle
* Press: Have a plan for pressing each quarter
* Defense: What kind of defense are you running and which are you using first?
* Defensive positioning: Use this section to draw a miniature diagram and assign specific players defensive assignments
Pre-fill the roster and note areas, leave them blank to fill in by hand, or do what I do and print off the roster and leave the note areas blank.
All the fields are customizable and ready to use.
I hope you enjoy the template!
There are 0 reviews posted on this application.